Some common sense approaches to make your Audubon’s Baltimore Birding Weekend field trips more enjoyable:
- Wear appropriate clothing and shoes for hiking in our Baltimore parks and natural areas. Each field trip description includes basic information about hiking distances and terrain.
- Carry sunscreen, sunglasses and/or a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Bring rain gear, as all events are rain or shine. Field trips will only be canceled in the event of dangerous weather, such as a rain storms that include flooding and lightning risks.
- To borrow binoculars, contact Patterson Park Audubon Center separately from your registration to request them at email@example.com.
- Try to arrive at least 10 minutes before the scheduled trip departs.
- Most trips are not appropriate for young children. The Patterson Park Audubon Center offers wonderful birding programs for kids, but the Baltimore Birding Weekend has been planned for adults. Please use your discretion when registering.
- Be courteous to your fellow birders. Speak quietly during field trips and switch cell phones to vibrate.
- Restroom facilities may not be available during field trips.
- Audubon’s Baltimore Birding Weekend participants are responsible for their own beverage purchases and behavior during the happy hour Tally Rallies. Don’t become a besotted birder!